Thursday, August 25, 2011

BECOMING FRIENDS

I can not say enough about Rowan being a loving big brother. He is always looking out for Brinley. Sure he has his moments of frustration, but, well, he is more patient with Brinley's tantrums than I have been lately! If Brinley hits Rowan with a toy he never reacts with an equally harmful motion, in fact, it is more likely that you will see him scrunched in a ball cowering and begging for Brinley to change his mind. It is rare that Rowan is the one who has initiated a fight.  Don't get me wrong, Rowan has his moments of name-calling, but if he catches you saying something bad about his lil' bro he would be the first to shut you up- because, of course, that is his turf! As a mom it is hard to be mad when Rowan is being mean to another kid out of defense for his brother. Call me evil annoying but some kids have it coming haha. Anyways, it is so wonderful to see him look after his brother and always helping get toys and trying to keep Brinley satisfied (trust me it is a tough task these days). But I will never take their friendship lightly and I will continue to pray that they will grow up and continue to be so involved in each other's lives, because nothing would mean more to me as a mom!

No comments: