Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Dodge's Dozing Den

___________________________________________
I wasn't sure how to start this blog a few months back when Andy and I first talked about it. I feel like I wanted something new from the picture updates I do via twitpic or facebook. So I chose their bedroom also referred to as den, lair, bunk, hide-out, cave, lodge, perch. It is where we have many special moments.
Rowan's Resting Place??? Rowan does everything BUT sleep in his room. He just can't stay still enough to sleep. He stalls for about an hour during bedtime including the usual I am thirsty, I have to go potty, and my personal favorite I need another kiss mommy. We have a fun tradition of telling him a made up story (which never seem to be long enough for him) and truthfully I usually babble on about who-knows-what but as long as there is a knight, a lightsaber, and Joe Mauer throughout the story I don't think he really listens to what else I am saying. He wakes up at the crack of dawn, assuring us he will play alone if we want to stay asleep... that never happens. Star Wars pillows may lay on his bed but I must come clean, he is too scared of the stormtroopers to sleep with them. His Castle (or boys dollhouse as we call it), his bookshelf and a pink hello kitty gumball machine are among the most used things in his room.
Brinley's Bunk. Brinley, like his brother, likes his bed for more things than sleeping. "Peek-a-boo" and "throw-your-nuk-over-the-side" are amongst his favorite activities in his bed. He actually sleeps with Rowan's star wars pillow more than his brother, and he LOVES to be covered in blankets while drifting off. Brinley also likes to dump out every bin in the entire room before he even lets anybody know that he secretly scooted his way in. He already loves to unload the bookshelf hoping that Rowan will read a book to him while mommy picks up. One of the best things is when I wake up to the sound of laughter coming from the room only to find that Rowan has joined his little brother in the crib.
Both of my boys have inherited the novelty of sleeping with a "buh" blanket. They cannot fall asleep without it and it is the first thing they grab when they wake up. Unfortunately Rowan chews the corners of his like I did. Brinley has to have the fuzzy side up against his cheek. Hopefully they don't end up 26 and married still sleeping with it *wink, wink*


*One thing that only another mom can relate to, I LOVE the smell of my boys while they are sleeping. It makes my heart melt!






3 comments:

Kimmy said...

Yay! A new blog to follow :) I love hearing your first person thoughts on those two sweeties :)

Amykinz said...

You have such an eye for ADORABLE decorating! You'll have to give me some tips. :) -Amy Brand

Ruffled Snob said...

Amy thanks! I am sure your house is just beautiful! It took me so long to figure out my taste. I love to help people decorate or if you ever see a great website I would love the link!